Telling your story in photographs.

Friday, March 12, 2010

New Outlook

Changing what you mean to MJB DIGITAL

I had an epiphany the other night. It was late and I was working on finalizing some different processes that we have developed for the new opening of MJB DIGITAL. I was facebooking with a groom and brainstorming about shoot ideas for April 17 and I realized that I want to make another change. Along with our brand image, I want to change the definition of those we serve and possibly create a new type of unique relationship with them.

What do I mean by 'change the definition of those we serve?'
'Customer' is a word I don't really favor. To me the word customer defines a person making a retail purchase, buying online, getting some fast food or any other purchase that involves a short-term or no-term relationship with the seller.

'Client' is the word that I've been using for the last couple of years. To me, client signifies that we rely on each other for an extended period of time in order to exchange and process information and ideas and basically get the job done.

'Cast Member' is the term I thought of the other night while facebooking with the groom of my latest booking.

Suddenly, I felt like I had the proper term to define those who become the subject of my lens. The new unique relationship that arises with this change is that brides and grooms are commissioning MJB DIGITAL to use our skill in documentation to capture a story which has really been what it's all about -- a story in which the bride and groom with family and friends are the stars. No longer will I feel like I'm a craftsman of photos. 


Maybe this little change won't actually make changes around here, but I am going to have a different and creative perspective on what role my Cast Members play in my life and how I capture their weddings.

The groom I was facebooking with signed as a client, but that couple is part of my first 'Cast'.

My cameras have been detained at the repair service for a pretty long time. There getting prepped and ready to go for this new season. I haven't shot much this winter, so here are a few from the archive that are some of my favorites.

Enjoy







No comments: